Building Form GoTo’s for Receivables & Customers
Here are Steps for building the most common GoTo’s for the Receivables module:
Basic Steps (Unless listed differently below):
- Press the Go To … button on the middle of the top bar in SmartList Builder (Or Open Drilldown Builder.)
- Enter your Description
- Product is Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Series is Sales
- Select Form listed below
- Press + on the middle right of the blue bar to add a task
- Add task(s) as below, press Save on Add Task window
- Press Save on Add Go To – Open Form window
Specific Windows (Forms):
- Customer Maintenance - “Set a field value and run the field script” on field Customer Number
- Address Maintenance
- Receivables Transactions Inquiry Zoom — this is accessible via an Advance Go Tos rather than a Form Go To - use the Receivable Transaction Inquiry (Also will take you to a Cash Receipt Inquiry Zoom for a payment.): **See note below
- Customer Payment Summary Inquiry - “Set a field value and run the field script” on field Customer Number
- Customer Yearly Summary Inquiry - “Set a field value and run the field script” on field Customer Number Will open by default to year of your GP date
- Customer Period Summary Inquiry - “Set a field value and run the field script” on field Customer Number Will open by default to current period (based upon GP date)
- Customer Inquiry – this uses a calculated field called Integer3 (Type integer, in the calculation area enter the number 3) to select the “Bill to” address (Third value in the dropdown)
- Customer Transaction Inquiry – this Go To loads the customer, but also sorts by date, unchecks to display History (at least for Active customers) and Shows Details (second line for each transaction) See example screen below:
- Collections Management Main — Note that the Product and Series is different than the basic steps:
- Transaction entry (For transactions in Work status) **See note below
- Cash Receipts Entry (For transactions in Work status) **See note below
- Apply Sales Documents (For Open Transactions, Payment, Return or Credit Memo types only)
- Edit Transaction (Open only) (The dropdown for Type doesn’t have #2 Scheduled Payments. A Calculated field is needed.)
- Posted Transaction (Open only) (The dropdown for Type doesn’t have #2 Scheduled Payments. A Calculated field is needed. See above.)
- Receivable Batches this uses a calculated field called Integer2 (Type integer, in the calculation area enter the number 2) to select the “Cash receipts entry” (Second value in the dropdown) – Use 1 for Receivable Transaction batches
** Unlike the SmartLists that come from GP – we are not able to build a Go To that will open the Entry window for transactions in Work status and the Inquiry window for transactions in Open or History status.
Hopefully this helps! Let me know if I have missed a Receivable window. Next post, Payables!
This is a personal site. The opinions here are my own and not necessarily those of Software Solutions Group, Inc.
Use all advice, code, suggestions, recommendations and other information provided on this site at your own risk. No warranty of any kind is provided for the use of this information. Site owner is not responsible for any use or misuse of this information.
This site is not affiliated with Microsoft. Microsoft, Dynamics GP, the Microsoft Dynamics Logo, Great Plains, Excel, SQL Server and FRx are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.